Friday, February 14, 2014

February 2014 Birchbox opening!

    Hey Beauty Lovers!
Happy Valentines Day!  I hope all of you who have been in the winter storm have managed to stay warm, and maybe even have some fun in the winter wonderland!  I had a great time going sledding with my family.  I received my first Birchbox today!  I was super excited because Us weekly curated the box and I was expecting to be wowed.  When the box came it looked promising.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
I do love the box it came in.  I think it's going to be great for storage and organizing.





Once I opened everything I was a little disappointed...


I saw tons of people complaining and posting pictures on Facebook that they received shattered samples, but I figured there must be thousands of people subscribed to Birchbox so maybe it was just a minority putting up these pictures and complaints.  Nope...I received a shattered perfume sample too...really not the best first impression for Birchbox to be giving me.  I sent them an e-mail and hopefully I get a reply soon to resolve this issue.  

Even though I didn't receive the best first impression I am still looking forward to trying my samples that are intact.  I know many people hate receiving tea in their boxes...but I think the flavors I received are intriguing, and I am a tea drinker so I'll be giving them a go.  One is white vanilla grapefruit, and the other is a black tea with currant caramel and citrus.  Sounds good to me! 
So here's a list of everything I received in my box and their full size value...though I don't believe I received anything full size today.  I'm going to give everything a try and I'll get back to you with what I think about them!  The Truffle Therapy Serum looks like a high end product so I'm super excited to get to try this in a Birchbox that is only $10.00 a month.  The O.P.I. sheer tint looks like an interesting new way to try nail art.  I have very curly hair that is dry this winter so I'm also looking forward to trying the Beauty Protector oil.  When I get back to you I'll also let you know how Birchbox deals with my deflated first impression of them...  If you received Birchbox this month let me know what you received and how you felt about it!

If my Birchbox opening hasn't discouraged you and you're still interested in trying out this subscription service go ahead and use my referral link below so you can skip the wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment