Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 2014 BirchBox Update and Review




        Hey Beauty Lovers!
I wanted to go ahead and post an update on my Birchbox as well as let you know how Birchbox handled my broken sample issue.  To make up for sending me a shattered sample they sent out another box that I just received today.  It was an exact replica of the one I already opened so I won't be doing another opening post because that would be redundant.  I'll include a link to that opening at the bottom of this post.  Birchbox also gave me 100 reward points which is equal to $10.00.  Now on to my review of the items I received!



I didn't enjoy the Harvey Prince Hello sample simply because I don't like perfume.  They tend to give me migraines so I prefer to use a oil, lotion, and sometimes a body spray.  I will say that this does have a lighter smell that I find more pleasant than most perfumes.  The full 50 ml of this perfume costs $55.00.

I loved the Harney and Sons teas.  I definitely preferred the Paris tea bag of the two.  It's got a light fruitiness that doesn't overpower the notes of vanilla and caramel.  I didn't enjoy the White Vanilla Grapefruit flavor as much because it had a slightly bitter taste to it.  A full size box costs $9.60 and includes 20 sachets of tea.


I love the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil!  This sample smells amazing and really did soften my hair a great deal.  The full 4 oz size of this costs $25.95 and comes in a spray bottle unlike the glass sample.  

The Skin and Co Roma Truffle Therapy anti-aging serum smelled pretty good.  I'd say it smelled a little bit like Chocolate.  I really liked the way it felt on my skin and now that I've used up a whole sample I think I can safely say that it also improved my skin.  I'm excited to have received a second of the protection oil and the serum.  The full size of the serum is 30 ml and costs $75.00.                                                                 

O.P.I. Sheer Tint in "Don't Violet Me Down" on my nails.  2 coats.

I'm have mixed feelings about this polish.  It's meant to be used as an interesting topcoat or for nail art.  I just used it as a polish and it was a nice sheer purple.  The formula wasn't as great as it could be.  While I was painting my nails some of the polish kept turning into spider webish bits and sticking to my bottle.  The full .5 oz of this is $9.00.

I enjoyed this BirchBox even if I didn't love everything I did get to try some new things and I did love some of them.  My favorites were the protection oil and the truffle therapy serum.  I'm curious to know what your favorite BirchBox item was this month?  Let me know in the comments.  If your interested in joining BirchBox I'll leave a link below so that you can skip the wait.  Have a fabulous day!




The original BirchBox opening post:  http://beautymadnessforever.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-2014-birchbox-opening.html

Skip the wait and try BirchBox yourself:  https://www.birchbox.com/invite/2gvc3






No comments:

Post a Comment