Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Memebox 5-2 opening!

        Hey Beauty Lovers!
Oh my goodness am I excited!  I received my first Memebox today.  If you don't know what memebox is, it's basically a Korean company that puts beauty boxes on sale on their website full of the best and most popular Korean beauty products.  It's not a subscription service.  Once they're sold out they're sold out.  It costs $23.00 to get a regular box.  They also sell super boxes which have different prices depending on what it's specializing in (makeup, skincare, etc...).  The box I received is 5-2, which is basically the second edition of the 5th Memebox.  They gave me free expedited shipping for my order, they don't always do this.  I was amazed my box came in just 5 days!  Even for expedited shipping that seems fast for it to get from Korea to the the good ol' US of A.



This is the box everything came in.  I think it's absolutely adorable.







Derma:B daily moisture body lotion is the first item in the box.  The sample is a really nice size at 400 ml/3.4 oz.  The full size is 400 ml and goes for $16.00.  It's supposed to be able to calm irritated skin.  It has a nice light scent and feels nice on the skin.  My skin was a little irritated when I tried it on due to allergies and I must say it really does have a calming effect.









This Pore Control Essence is the 2nd item in the box and I love it.  I just used this and it really did noticeably reduce the appearance of my pores, and that's in just one use.  I was going to buy something for my pores and now it looks like I won't have to!  This is a full size product at 30 ml which retails for $46.00 and I got it in a $23.00 box.  Sweet!










I used this CNP Laboratoty cleansing perfecta right before I tried out the Pore Control Essence and it does work.  It claims to be able to remove waterproof mascara, BB cream, and sunblock.  I wear all three of those and it did pretty well removing all of them.  This is a third of the full size product.  The full 150 ml product retails for $23.00.










I love the packaging this came in! This is the Tasteless aromatherapy roll on...I know you're laughing at the name right now. Haha. This roll on is supposed to deepen your yoga workout and relax you for sleep. I won't be trying this product because it has an earthy grass smell that I don't care for. This is a full size product at 14 ml and it goes for $15.00.












The next product I got in my box is Lipozone which is supposed to help increase skins firmness, reduce cellulite and fat cells.  I have not tried this out so I'm not sure if it works.  This sample comes with 5 of the 5 ml samples.  The full size comes with 14 of the 5 ml tubes and retails at $32.00.











This is the cutest little sample!  I love the packaging on this and it does smell good but I'm not a huge fan of floral scents so I'll be giving this to my cousin who adores rose scents.  This is a 35 ml sample and the full size is 500 ml and is sold for $23.00.








The next product is from a more recognizable name brand.  This is L'oreal's Shine Caresse gloss tint in the shade Juliette. Cute name! It's very hydrating and when you wear it it's like a vibrant lip stain. You can see my swatch of it to the right. It's supposed to be able to last for hours.  The full size product, which I received, is 6 ml and is supposed to retail for $16.00 but I found it on Ulta.com for $10.00.  Unfortunately they didn't have the color Juliette.






There were two Dear Jane pouch samples in the box.  One is a primer and the other can be used as a highlighter or as shimmer for the face.  I haven't tried this out yet.  The full size of the primer is 35 ml and costs $16.00 and the full size of the highlighter is 35 ml and costs $14.00.









This Physiogel packet came with a cleanser, a intensive repair cream, and a cream.  I haven't tried any of them yet but am looking forward to giving them a go.  The 150 ml full size cleanser sells for $20.00, the 50 ml intensive repair cream retails for $20.00, and the 75 ml full size cream also sells for $20.00.





The last items in the box are a sun gel  with uv protection and a cc cream.  I'm not going to try these because they have whitening agents.  Koreans are fond of the pale look, but I'm already the palest shade in 99% of foundations and BB creams. I really don't think I need to try to be any paler than I am, Haha!  The 50 ml full size CC cream goes for $30.00 and the 50 ml full  size sun gel goes for $28.00.



I'm really happy with what I got for the price.  I think this is a ton of stuff to try for $23.00.  The value of this box far exceeds what I payed for it.  I'm excited to try out the things I haven't yet.  If you'd like to try some of the latest and greatest from Korea go ahead and go to http://us.memebox.com/ and try it out.  I definitely recommend it!  I think this is one of the funnest beauty boxes out there. If you have any questions feel free to ask!  I'm curious to know what the funnest beauty box you've ever found was?

2 comments:

  1. holy batman!!! you got so many products!!! :D!!! ill def check this box out! im excited for different options as well! thanks so much holly! ;D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Angelica. I hope you love what you get! :)

      Delete