Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy opening, look, and review!


        Hey there lovelies!
I finally got my March Ipsy bag!  If you've never heard of Ipsy before, it's a subscription service that costs $10 a month.  They send you 4-5 deluxe and/or full size beauty items that are curated to a profile you fill out.  I received a March  bag earlier, but there was ink all over it and my eyeshadows were destroyed.  I was able to salvage everything but the eyeshadow and the bag after washing ink off of everything.  I'm so glad to have received my replacement that Ipsy sent for free.  They have amazing customer service!  I can finally enjoy all the items now.


I liked this product.  I'm not claiming that it's the best primer in the world, but I love the luminous quality that it has.  I used this as a highlighter across my forehead, down the middle of my nose, and at the top of my cheeks.  The full size of this is $22 for 30 ml or 1.01 oz.  The .4 oz I received is worth $9.


I love this indigo color!  It's absolutely beautiful.  I used it to line my lower lash.  This full sized item is worth $24.  This is worth more than double what I spent on my whole bag!


I received the NYX Love in Rio palette in the color "Voodoo Love Spells".  I like how the colors look in the package, but I'm not sure if the payoff is that great.  This full size item is $5.99.  I haven't gotten to try this item on my eyes yet since I received this bag today after I'd already put on my makeup.  I did try to use a similar palette for my makeup look.  


This baby lipstick is adorable!  I don't even care that it isn't full size because it's just so darn cute!  I think the "Get Ready" color is nice, it's super creamy, and it smells really good.  I would describe the smell as a chocolate mint.  If you don't like the smell of chocolate mint, you will not like this lipstick.  I think this might be my favorite item from this month's bag.  The full size of this is $18.00, and this sample size is considered to be worth $10.  


The value of my whole bag turns out to be 48.99!  That is almost 5 times what I payed for it!  That's not even counting the items I salvaged from the damaged bag.  I'm a happy girl.  : )




I don't claim to be a makeup artist extraordinaire, but I did want to share the look I created today using a few of my ipsy items.  How I used each item is described above by the full item description.  


These are all the other items I used for my look.  Pixy brighten and lighten combo, Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream, Pixi's Beauty Blush in No. 3 "Perkiest Pink", Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in pink frosting (I listed two blushes because I layered, first bouncy cream blush, and then my pixi blush), Maybelline Falsies in waterproof (must have for the allergy prone), Covergirl's eyeenhancers trio, Avon's Color Trend brown pencil, and Avon's Shake and Go powder in light.


If you are interested in getting your own ipsy bag, I will have a link below for you to join.  I hope you enjoyed my blog.  Leave a comment below letting me know what you got in your ipsy bag, and what you are loving the most.  Have a fabulous day!








No comments:

Post a Comment